Discussion on Mods (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steph, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph

Steph Moderator Staff Member

Hey everyone. Just so that we're on the same page and everyone's in the "know," I'll get this little thread started up.

A few have asked about mods, and while I'm okay with putting a few in, I don't want to over do it or make the game too easy. I also do not want to restart the server or have a wipe.

Here is a list of mods I'm currently considering:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118613531

RunningwithScissors:
    -Allows character to sprint with items in hand.
    -Allows characters to dodge forward

Pythagoras:
    Building mod that adds
    -Corner roof pieces that fit with the sloped roof recipes
    -Cap roof pieces to finish off the top of your structure
    -Inside corner pieces for L shaped bends in the roof
    -Spiral Stairs
    -Iron Bars Set: Wall, Doorframe, Door & Ceiling
    -Support beams allowing for large open rooms without pillars
    -Glow stick stand and wall torch
    -1x1 Gable Roof Pieces and accompanying wall cap
    -90 degree triangle foundations and ceilings
    -Long walls and fences (to fit the long edge of the 90 degree triangles; other pieces don't fit the long edge)
    -Elephant Head Trophy

Unlock Plus:
    -unlockable containers (e.g. campfire, altars, workstations, ...)
    -unlockable doors and gates
    -unlockable beds
    -pinpad for containers, doors and gates
    -pickup of all placeables and building parts (configurable; it's off by default. press ESC and click on 'UnlockPlus Settings' to change the settings)

Fitzgerald's Max Stacks+ & Durability+ TFN
    Max Stacks+
    -All consumables and materials now stack to 1000
    -Throwing weapons now stack to 1000.

Durability+
    The following item classes are now 10x their base durability:
    -Weapons
    -Armors
    -Shields
    -Tools

Fitzgerald's Knowledge Points+
    This mod doubles the Knowledge Points gained per level (for learning crafted items). It also rewards players who hit level 50 with a total of 158 Knowledge Points, granting the character with 800 Knowledge Points total.

354: Old Knowledge Point Limit at level 50
    800: New Knowledge Point Limit at level 50 (and at the new max level)

An important note on this mod:
    You must re-roll your character to gain the benefits of this mod. A yellow lotus potion will not work. Re-rolling means you lose claim to everything you've made if you are playing solo. Most, if not all, of your items will be auto-demolished/decayed.

If you are playing solo-- I will need to join your clan and hold ownership for you. Once you create your new character, I can summon you to me, invite you back, and return ownership of the clan.

If you have others in your clan-- you can rejoin it with your new character. Be sure to appoint someone with the ability to re-invite you, and have them online at the time of re-roll.

If you do not wish to gain the extra knowledge points and don't care about this mod, you can just keep playing as normal and be unaffected.

I am willing to take a look at other mods that are suggested, but do know that I will not exceed having 5 active mods on the server at once and I will not add mods that make the game "easy mode." Keep in mind that this expansion is still fairly new, and many mods have not yet been updated. If you suggest a mod in this thread, have a look at the info and comments first to be sure that it's updated and working.

2. Steph

err0r surprised us and loaded the mods in over night! Everything seems to be working well so far. Please be sure to have all of the mods downloaded, activated/added under Mods in game, and in this particular order:

Fitzgerald's Max Stacks+ & Durability+ TFN
    Fitzgerald's Knowledge Points+
    RunningwithScissors
    Pythagoras
    Unlock Plus

Conan is a bit ridiculous, so if you don't have these mods listed in the same order that they are loaded in to the server, it won't let you in. Also, be sure that you have "Show Servers With Mods" ticked on.

3. Steph

After running mods for a day, all hell broke loose. Conan is no where near ready for mods. The game alone is buggy as fuck, and mods add to it. We will not run mods until Conan becomes more stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.